Saturday, April 21, 2012

Where YOU should take your 10 speed

I can't wait to introduce my new ride to the city.  I brought her home on Thursday and spent the day riding around. It was the perfect day since the Tigers were home and there were tons of people out. As I promised, here she is :)



I look way too happy in this picture!

Third Avenue Hardware on none other than Third Street in Midtown has a great selection of bikes. Ask for George and he will take great care of you. He has tons of frames and will gladly put whatever type of handle bars you prefer on your bike. He also put the rack over the back tire on for me at no charge. That is some great business.




What I'm most excited to do is start going on some city bike tours. There are a few different companies that offer bike tours. InsideDetroit which is located on Woodward offers a wide variety of tours that will be starting up soon. Besides biking they have walking, bus, bar hopping, and even segway tours! Find more information HERE

For a great informational and enjoyable bike tour I recommend checking out Wheelhouse Detroit. It's a great place right on the waterfront where you can rent bikes and roam the city yourself or join an organized group tour. Explore topics like public art, architecture, Underground Railroad, Eastern Market, and more.

All this talk about riding bikes.. I just can not wait for summer!!

3 comments:

  1. I Love your design and your loving the D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much to see in the city! Thanks for posting the link to insidedetroit.org... I did not know that tours around the city were available! I purchased a bike earlier this month and I anticipate the weather breaking and riding out in the skyline!!!! Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. My husband and I are always looking for new places to go on our bike rides.

    ReplyDelete